[mythtv] Request: please fix channel up/down and watch live TV defaults forDVB:HD tuners

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Thu Jun 2 16:37:33 UTC 2005

On Thursday 02 June 2005 12:08 pm, Mudit Wahal wrote:
> Issac,

Thanks for spelling my name right.

> I did try both Channel name and Channel number method in Sorting
> Option. Both gives me same result. I have 5_1, 7_1, 7_2, 9_1, 9_2,
> 9_3, 9_4, 9_5, 11_1, 11_2, etc in my lineup.

I just renamed my channels to be similar to what yours are, set it to 'channel
number (alpha)', and it works properly.

> If I edit my channum by removing _ and make them integers, then
> everything is fine. I dont know if you have access to the HD3000 card
> or not, but people who are using 0.18 with DVB drivers are all facing
> starting channel as well as live TV channel up/down problems. Just
> search/ask on the myth-users and on the pchdtv.com forum.

If people are having problems with the starting channel, they're not bothering
to go through the setup program properly.  Nothing I can do about that.

Again, though, there's nothing stopping you from just renaming your channels
to be something useable with a normal remote.

Isaac