[mythtv] DVD-T UK xmltv ids

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Thu Jun 2 15:50:33 UTC 2005

>>What I suggest is a new table and update the info during the tv scan.
>>We could download images perhaps at the same time...
>>

>I agree.. We could just build a massive table saying which grabber to use, where
>to get the icon from, etc.. I just can imagine this will become a maintanence
>nightmare at some point though..  I can't imagine doing it for all the HD
>stations in the US.. Geezz..

What about matching against station name field?  Do these stay fairly
static on HD?  They seem fairly constant and unique for DVB here?  I
think it would be maintainable to have a name/table/xmltvid/icon table?

Your point about how unmaintainable the table is, is also a reason for
doing it... Otherwise if we are expecting *every* user to do the same
mapping process then this is a serious amount of wasted effort worldwide...

If it's feasible and straightforward lets at least consider it for the
locations where it works.  I think this should work OK for the UK - have
to think a little about regional variations, but it would do as an
initial setup script

Thanks

Ed W