[mythtv] Internal Volume Control

Drew Lane drew.lane at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 30 21:23:31 EDT 2005

Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Drew Lane wrote:
>> When I look at alsamixer, the Master and PCM volumes will not budge
>> and the
>> "VIA DXS" slider is the only control that actually adjusts the sound
>> volume.
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/132922#132922
> Mike

Cool.  That works; at least for the remote.

I left the lirc stuff in for Myth and I can still see the OSD for the volume
but I suspect it's not very accurate.  :D  Hopefull this won't cause

Feature Request:  Ability to choose the specific volume control you need?

I'm not really sure why ALSA is not allowing me to use Master or PCM