[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r6959 by danielk

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Jul 29 17:11:32 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 16:53 -0400, Anduin Withers wrote:
> > The SEGFAULT already happened in unrelated code. This is why it
> > took me a while to get this close to fixing it. My gdb won't let
> > me awatch the ptr, so it is difficult to debug.
>
> Now that it is on the heap you might want to try tools like dmalloc
> (valgrind is nice, and certainly more through, but can be a bit slow when
> debugging playback).

Valgrind IS slow, which may have affected it's analysis; it is telling
me something in libalsa is broken. I would think that would have been
discovered before. Anyway, I'll try this dmalloc thing, maybe it will
tell me about something else more likely before I start grepping the
source of whatever version of libalsa I have installed.

-- Daniel