[mythtv] [experimental patch] Teletext decoder for IVTV/DVB cards

Tj htpc at treblid.dyndns.org
Mon Jul 18 20:27:32 EDT 2005

Frank Muenchow wrote:

> No, I think, it's my fault.
> Take a look at libs/libmythtv/libmythtv.pro:
>
> The teletext stuff(*) have to be in the using_frontend section and not
> in using_backend section.
>
> Please tell me, if that works. :)
>
> Frank
>

> (*)
> # teletext stuff
> HEADERS += vbidecoder.h vbilut.h osdtypeteletext.h
> SOURCES += vbidecoder.cpp osdtypeteletext.cpp

I'm using GCC 4.0.0 and Mandrake, and I couldn't compile vbidecoder
because of the following:

"m_pageinput[0] = '0' + key;"

GCC can't find an operator to use for + as it is ambiguous.. :(

Next I tried to cast the variable "key" as char, it compiled fine, but I
can't really get teletex (and subtitles) to work properly... Could it be
because of the cast? What should it be?

Thanks..