[mythtv] Re: How you can help Commercial Flagging development

John jsiirola at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Jul 6 09:42:49 EDT 2005

Lucas (et al.),

Is there an established public location where we can collect the various
ideas for commflagging, for example a dev-oriented section of the main
wiki?  Ideally, it would list each idea (no matter how remotely
possible), if it has been attempted, if it is actually implemented
(either as part of an existing class like ClassicCommDetector, or its
own derived class), who may be working on it, and what the major issues
are with the approach.

To toss out another idea, a lot of shows use very predictable commercial
patterns.  Would it be useful for mythcommflag to get hints as to the
likely location of commercials for a new recording based on the
locations of commercials identified in previous recordings of the same
show/series?

John