[mythtv] Corrupted double-linked-list on seek during playback

Brad Templeton brad+mydev at templetons.com
Fri Jan 28 19:55:11 EST 2005

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 07:10:35PM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Friday 28 January 2005 05:01 pm, Brad Templeton wrote:
> I've seen very similar deaths fairly often before, and I believe all were from
> people using mysql 3.x.  I use 4.x, and have never had anything like this
> happen.  I'd recommend upgrading.
>
> I reworked the code in NVP.cpp a bit, though, since it was being rather
> inefficient at that point (no need to reinit the deinterlacer on a
> keyframedist change), so you may want to try current CVS and see if it works
> around this particular issue.

Since I sucked it down an hour ago, and you updated after that, all I can
say is that when you mean current, sir, you definitely mean current!

As noted in the other branch of this thread, the stomp occurs when
using kerneldeint, and doesn't when you don't.  I will also upgrade to
mysql 4 at some point.   Of course, I also need to get really stable for
my superbowl commercials party coming up.

(For 3 years I have held a party where we hike first to buffer some
game, then watch the football with fast forward and slow down to
watch the commercials.   Quite a good time is had by all but you have
to learn to reverse your normal reflexes about the commercials...)

Fortunately the superbowl is at 720p, and in general there are way less
problems with 720p in the video drivers (and no deinterlace) than there
are at 1080i.   Besides,  very few TVs are more than 720 lines anyway, so
not sure why nbc, cbs, upn, wb and others are 1080i.