[mythtv] Corrupted double-linked-list on seek during playback

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Fri Jan 28 19:10:35 EST 2005

On Friday 28 January 2005 05:01 pm, Brad Templeton wrote:
> Unfortunately I have the latest mysql-devel-3.23.58-14 that's stable for
> fedora, as well as libmysql.so and the sql server is on a different
> machine.   Everything else is virgin Fedora 3 plus apt-upgrades, and
> something in the new Myth brings out this bug where 0.16 didn't with the
> same mysql libraries.
>
> Anybody running Myth with the mysql-devel-4 libraries?  They are not
> official fedora supported but people have built rpms of them.
>
> Any suggestions on things to turn off when building?   I have on
> xvmc (but disable it in the setup screens), x11, xv, ivtv, alsa, lirc,
> opengl and xrandr, but since this is definitely triggered by seek (even
> 8 second back seek) only xvmc seems like a trigger if it were not disabled.
> Sadly, a google for this error with mysql reveals nobody else reporting
> such a problem.  Is there something I could change the DBType from in
> mysql.txt instead of QMYSQL3?

I've seen very similar deaths fairly often before, and I believe all were from
people using mysql 3.x.  I use 4.x, and have never had anything like this
happen.  I'd recommend upgrading.

I reworked the code in NVP.cpp a bit, though, since it was being rather
inefficient at that point (no need to reinit the deinterlacer on a
keyframedist change), so you may want to try current CVS and see if it works
around this particular issue.

Isaac