[mythtv] Corrupted double-linked-list on seek during playback

Brad Templeton brad+mydev at templetons.com
Fri Jan 28 17:01:45 EST 2005

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 02:57:40PM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Friday 28 January 2005 02:17 pm, Brad Templeton wrote:
> > Experiencing a fun problem after recent upgrade to CVS.  Running yesterday
> > morning's.
> >
> > mythfrontend aborts from time to time (frequently, but not every time) on
> > seeks (skip 30 second or similar from the arrow keys.)   It doesn't do
> > it right away, normally you have to watch for a short time, though
> > sometimes it will do it quite early into running.
>
> Dying inside of your mysql client lib.  Not much I can do about that.

Hmm, depressing.  data structure corruption bugs are always a pain, part
of why I sworn I had coded enough C for one lifetime.

Unfortunately I have the latest mysql-devel-3.23.58-14 that's stable for
fedora, as well as libmysql.so and the sql server is on a different
machine.   Everything else is virgin Fedora 3 plus apt-upgrades, and
something in the new Myth brings out this bug where 0.16 didn't with the
same mysql libraries.

Anybody running Myth with the mysql-devel-4 libraries?  They are not
official fedora supported but people have built rpms of them.

Any suggestions on things to turn off when building?   I have on
xvmc (but disable it in the setup screens), x11, xv, ivtv, alsa, lirc,
opengl and xrandr, but since this is definitely triggered by seek (even
8 second back seek) only xvmc seems like a trigger if it were not disabled.
Sadly, a google for this error with mysql reveals nobody else reporting
such a problem.  Is there something I could change the DBType from in
mysql.txt instead of QMYSQL3?

(Un)Fortunately, I can now duplicate the bug in seconds.
Since this particular instance happened when trying to fetch the delinterlace
settings from the database, perhaps I'll play with changing the filter,
but I'm grasping at straws here.