[mythtv] RE: [mythtv-users] Problem getting new DVB scanner to work

Paul Volkaerts paul.volkaerts at lineone.net
Thu Jan 27 15:48:54 EST 2005

> > I am chasing down a problem getting this new stuff to work; it seems to
> > detect all the transports then just stop at 10% forever.
>
> Can you move this question over to the -dev list?  I also would
> like to get a
> dump of your setup console output so I can get some idea what is
> happening.

This is fixed already thanks. - it was the problem where the 'pulling' flag
got reset in RequirePIDs prior to being checked in GetPIDs.  Someone was
minutes ahead of me in finding it! :-)

> > One problem I see is that it fails to start the ciHandler,
> because it cannot
> > open the file /dev/dvb/adaptor0/ca0. I get the error ...
> >
> > DVB#0 ERROR - CA: Failed to initialize CA handler
> >
> > Is this something I should worry about?  I use a Nebula DVB-T
> card in the
> > UK.
>
> No this is default message you get if you do not have a CA device.

Thanks --- Just to show my own ignorance -- is the CA device how you get
signal strength and bit errors stats etc?  That seems to be the only thing
not working now.