[mythtv] MythPhone experiments and "features"

Steve Davies steve at one47.co.uk
Thu Jan 27 15:07:33 EST 2005

Paul Volkaerts wrote:

> When you hit ESC it sends a Hangup to the SIP stack then exits. Part of
> exiting
> is a cleanup of running processes, so it is possibly getting stuck waiting
> for a
> process (such as the webcam process) to terminate.  I'd stick a "Printf" in
> the
> ~PhoneUI() procedure to see if it is getting there as a first step.

I have no webcam, but I'll try this, thanks. In the meantime, fixing
REGISTER improved the problem a bit, and fixing SUBSCRIBE fixed the
problem completely.

Is the attempt to close-down the SIP stack on exit failing unless all of
the REGISTER/SUBSCRIBE calls have received a positive answer? Just a
thought.

> Interesting.  I would like to see a SIP trace of this with canreinvite=yes.
> Sometimes this is used as a watchdog timer; so a client will automatically
> reINVITE every 30 seconds to make sure the far end is still there.

File attached. This call was created from the following:

Start mythfrontend.
Enter MythPhone.
Call a phone.
Answer the phone.
Put the phone on hold (Proxy plays hold music)
Take the phone off hold.
Hangup the phone.
Quit mythfrontend.

If you would like other traces, let me know.

>>Yes, this is working. Does it mute the speakers though? I seem to get
>>some background noise left behind.
>>

> Will check. I have not noticed this as a problem.

This turned out to be interference at my end.

> Thanks for your feedback by-the-way, its really useful.

You are welcome. Thanks for MythPhone :)

Regards,
Steve

Steve Davies                   steve at one47.co.uk

PGP Fingerprints:
DH/DSS : 5D85 8164 91D7 E9CC 4F80  842B AB86 93D9 8938 7612
RSA    :      4E2E E60F 3D76 9E7E  70F9 901B 70FA 56C8
RSA4096: 02BE 5C0E EFA2 E1E4 EA89  C9CC 1E4F F654 3BC7 B65E