[mythtv] DVB Changes / Patch Applied

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 26 21:38:04 EST 2005

Quoting Nigel Pearson <nigel at ind.tansu.com.au>:
> 	The current schema drops three old DVB tables from the DB.
> This is fine if you are only using CVS or 0.16, but if you
> swap between them then the database will be stuffed.

Seems like you are asking for trouble.. Ive had tons of problems by accidently
running different versions of the FE and BE..

> 	I realise that the new code doesn't need dvb_channel,
> dvb_pids and dvb_sat, and I don't know the "policy" for old tables,
> but how do you feel about dropping the SQL DROP from schema upgrade
> 1063?

I think you should just backup your database and see if the new code works like
you want.. If so run it, if not revert, and post your issues.. Seems like it
would take tons of work to get 0.16 and cvs working together, which could be
better spent giving me feedback to improve the code.. :)

Taylor