[mythtv] DVB Changes / Patch Applied

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 26 21:35:05 EST 2005

Quoting Andrew Wilson <migmog at gmail.com>:
> Channel scanning got stuck when the last mux did not tune in, the
> scanner thread never dropped out after 20 min, and the last message in
> the log was

There is a locking issue there that I haven't been able to reproduce there but I
will look into it..  That happens after the scan is complete..

> Also I noticed that it has picked up two mplex's (2 and 3 below)
> broadcasting the same stuff, only with a 166kHz offset. Maybe you need
> to do a duplicate check and pick the one with the strongest DVB stats.
> Mplex 7 in the list below is bogus, Maybe need to look at how this
> table is populated.

The table is directly populated from the NIT table sent.. What DVB are you
using?  Have you looked and see if dvbsnoop shows the same data?  If you are
using DVB-T the "last invalid" entry might be perfectly acceptable just you
cannot recieve it in your area..

Taylor