[mythtv] Making MythTV more OSX Friendly

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Wed Jan 26 18:59:07 EST 2005

> I was going to pay around and see if I could figure this out on my
> own, but last night my wife found out that I had upgraded Myth to CVS
> and had a running frontend on my machine but the 0.16 frontend on her
> machine doesn't work anymore, so now I need to speed up my efforts, or
> there will be hell to pay :-)

	I did the same thing last night :-(
If you are using DVB input cards, you may need
to restore some SQL tables from a backup,
because running CVS does this to the backend:

"DROP TABLE IF EXISTS dvb_channel;",
"DROP TABLE IF EXISTS dvb_pids;",
"DROP TABLE IF EXISTS dvb_sat;",

	If you don't have a backup of the database,
you will need to go use the setup program,
or an auxilliary script like channels.conf-import.pl,
to enter the DVB channel setup.

	If you are not using DVB,
then I don't know what has happened.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au | "Now the world has gone to bed,
Telstra BI&D, Sydney, Australia       |  Darkness won't engulf my head,