[mythtv] Another CVS compile error with DVB

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 25 14:43:52 EST 2005

Quoting Endaf Jones <jonese at zener.com>:
> I've always used the includes from the kernel-dvb CVS sources (once I
> have merged it with 2.6.10).
>
> INCLUDEPATH += /usr/local/src/dvb-kernel-cvs/linux/include

The more I think about it this is just a plain bad idea to put the headers in
the myth code..

If you are using any of the kernel DVB drivers it will be API Version 3.0 which
does NOT include the modifications I made to add in ATSC support.. If you
include the headers in dvbkernel-cvs which include ATSC (API 3.1) you get ATSC
support.. But that will cause problems if you mix and match headers will it
not?  I.E. we put in 3.1 api headers in myth and you are using 3.0 api
dvbkernel?  You are using 3.0 headers but have 3.1 api dvbkernel?

I think the only right way to do this is the linking scenario that has been
mentioned a few times here.. I personally have only seen this issue once before
and it was something silly I did like use the wrong includedir.. Wish I could
remember..

Taylor