[mythtv] Making MythTV more OSX Friendly

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Mon Jan 24 19:11:07 EST 2005

	Hi Patrick. Yes, the Mac mini has me salivating, too.
If only I hadn't spent so much money building a beautiful
and quiet Linux HTPC ...

> I agree that everything related to MythTV should be in the .app bundle
> but QT is a framework and it should probably either go in
> /Library/Frameworks/QT.framework or in /usr/local/qt/ just like all
> the other frameworks

	Maybe. The OS X way would be to have it in either a users'
home directory (~/Library/Frameworks) or /Library/Frameworks.
But what about libmyth-0.16.dylib - is it a public framework?
Only Myth applications will use it, so if mythfrontend.app is
the only one of them then maybe it should just be a private
bundle library.

	In my builds of the app, libqt goes in
mythfrontend.app/Contents/Frameworks
along with libfreetype, libmp3lame, libmyth*

	Personally, I like the convenience of being able to drag
and drop the whole app, and think the likelihood of any other
applications needing Qt on the Mac to be almost zero.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au | "Gentlemen,
Telstra BI&D, Sydney, Australia       |  you can't fight in here