[mythtv] MythDVD & MTD

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Mon Jan 24 14:55:47 EST 2005

On Monday 24 January 2005 10:19 am, Peter Martens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I posted this to the users list a while ago, but no reaction. I 'll
> try here again
> After installing MythDVD, I found to have only 2 rip-qualities in
> MythDVD (Perfect and Good).

 The number of output formats is a function of the input format. There are
more output formats for NTSC input formats than for PAL input formats.

> Besides that, another problem is rendering the subtitles (maybe the
> two problems are related?). Mostly they are there, often somehow not
> rendered well. I mean they are displayed as a white box with the text
> transparent (like the negatives of photographs).

 As per the README:

SUBTITLES
---------

    Subtitling with transcode is pretty much a hit or miss affair. Some DVDs
work extremely well, and some generate awful results. If you find that
MythDVD transcodes a title with subtitles badly, you are encouraged to try
and use transcode from the command line. Hopefully, future versions of
transcode will offer more robust subtitling capabilities.

- thor