[mythtv] DVB Changes / Patch Applied

Jesper Sörensen jesper at datapartner.se
Mon Jan 24 08:42:16 EST 2005

Tim Davies wrote:

>> If you want to check that the PMT is recorded correctly you can use
>> the following command:
>> dvbsnoop -n 2 -crc -s ts -tssubdecode -nph -if <TS recording>
>>
>> That should give you the same PMT as the original one, but with some
>> streams skipped (as decided by the autopid).
>>
> Okay, all the descriptors are in the recorded PMT now.  But...
>
> In the backend log, I don't see a line adding the PCR PID (like I used
> to see).

You recording PS? This only works for TS currently, but the code is in
CVS so it should add that pid if it's not already added (e.g. the video
stream)...

> Is there an easy way to tell if the stream is actually in there?  All
> the tools I have get their input directly from the dvb device and not
> a file.

Try: tspids < file.ts

(tspids is in the Debian package dvb-mpegtools... Don't know about other
dists but I think you can find it.)

I also think you can use the -if argument to dvbsnoop to work on a
recording.

> It's interesting that xine and mplayer will play the file (and seek)
> without a problem.

Yup, so the recording is probably correct but the playback in myth needs
a fix? Or maybe the recording is slightly broken but xine and mplayer
are more robust and can handle it anyway?