[mythtv] MythMusic Compilation Artist Progress....

Wendy Seltzer wendy at seltzer.com
Sun Jan 23 15:07:12 EST 2005

At 06:23 PM 1/23/2005 +0000, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>Ian Campbell wrote:
>>I'm not too fussed about changing how I do things (I need to rerip them
>>as flac anyway), but thought I'd stick my oar in now while things were
>>changing ;-)
While we're talking about mythmusic database changes, I wonder whether it
would be possible to build in an alternate schema for classical
recordings.  I've been fudging things by remapping Artist => Composer,
Album=>Title, Track=>Performers, but it would be more useful to have a few
extra columns (Conductor, Orchestra/Ensemble, Soloists; or possibly even an
extra joined table of Artists who could be matched as conductor, soloist,
ensemble member).  It would also be useful either to offer "rip multiple
tracks to a single file" or "always play these tracks together, in
order."  I've been joining tracks so symphonies don't get shuffled out of
order.   (Still haven't figured out why extra-long tracks kill mythfrontend.)

There are currently about zero digital music players that support classical
music well, but if this would fit in, I'd be willing to give it a shot.

Thanks.
--Wendy

Wendy Seltzer -- wendy at seltzer.com
Staff Attorney, Electronic Frontier Foundation
Fellow, Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard Law School
http://wendy.seltzer.org/mythtv/
Chilling Effects: http://www.chillingeffects.org/