[mythtv] lock-up when opening OSD "program guide"

Brian Grimal brian at grimal.com
Fri Jan 21 17:22:05 EST 2005

Nope, not using GL (haven't even loaded the extensions), and my
resolution stays put =)  Your further explanation definitely looks like
a different issue entirely, although the symptoms are the same (minus
your resolution change)..  In my instance, I'm not sure if it has
something to do with the ivtv framebuffer code, since if I remember
right it worked with my regular ol' bt878 board.. I've got that card in
a spare machine, it'll be easy enough to drop an old HDD in there and
build an identical platform to test with.  I don't really have anything
useful to contribute at this second, but once I dig in (next couple
days/nights) I will at least know where the issue is with my particular
configuration.

At the risk of being resoundingly ignorant (I haven't yet looked at Myth
source) what's different about the OSD for the menu and browse mode vs.
the OSD for the program guide?

Brian