[mythtv] OpenGL and LibmythUI status

Code Logic codelogic at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 19:09:22 EST 2005

>  The theme.xml files specify dimensions and placement of widgets within
> "dialogs". In libmythui, same base mechanism should/will (?) be used, but
> widgets get layed out onto screens (which can be stacked and pop'd). This is
> advantageous, as it leaves things in the hands of the theme designer (at run
> time).

In libmyth, QLayout is used for automatic placement of widgets right?
And QLayout works only with QWidgets I presume; so there should be a
new mechanism for automatic widget placement correct?

 >  Oh ... uhm ... probably. Nothing is set in stone. :-)

Oh, the only reason I asked was coz some of classes in mythui had the
same names as in libmyth, like themedmenu and mythmainwindow and some
didn't like this one. Porting to mythui will be much easier if the
class names match :) (Just so I get it right, isn't mythui is going to
supercede portions of libmyth?)