[mythtv] OpenGL and LibmythUI status

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Thu Jan 20 18:46:08 EST 2005

On Thursday 20 January 2005 06:24 pm, Code Logic wrote:

> >  It's really just a matter of seeing what is in the regular myth code
> > base and noticing what is missing from libmythui.
>
> I'm thinking of getting started in the following order:
>
> MythPopupBox
>      \---MythSearchDialog
> MythProgressDialog
> MythPasswordDialog
> MythWizard

 Can't really comment on the order, anything that gets you started is a good
way to get started :-)

> A few questiosn:
>
> Is there a layout scheme in libmythui, to lay out the widgets? I
> couldn't find one.  Did you plan to have one?

 The theme.xml files specify dimensions and placement of widgets within
"dialogs". In libmythui, same base mechanism should/will (?) be used, but
widgets get layed out onto screens (which can be stacked and pop'd). This is
advantageous, as it leaves things in the hands of the theme designer (at run
time).

> Is MythDialogBox in libmythui supposed to replace MythDialog in libmyth?

 Oh ... uhm ... probably. Nothing is set in stone. :-)

- thor