[mythtv] [patch] tab cleanup of libmyth

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Thu Jan 20 16:04:41 EST 2005

Anduin Withers wrote:

>>>Wouldn't be simpler just to live with the tabs, and set your ts=4?
>>>

>>I thought we were meant to be trying to stick to
>>
>>http://mythtv.info/moin.cgi/CodingStandards
>>

>Why only pick one part then? Why not go through the whole source and make it
>all comply?
>
>One good reason is that it makes tracking changes harder, as soon as the tab
>"fix" gets checked in, cvs annotate for those files will be significantly
>less useful. To track a real change you will need to perform multiple diffs
>involving the tab fix boundary or remember to ignore whitespace (which is no
>help with cvs annotate).
>
>White space and other style patches just make the temporal attribute of a
>real change harder to determine.

No huge disagreement, but I think you are just picking holes in a fairly
small change which is generously offered?

Given the files in question, and the small number of lines affected is
this really a problem, ie in general you might be right, but
specifically in this case is it a problem?

Ed W

P.S. I think you are a bit unfair to ask him to review all the code and
fix every standard problem before he can submit some small patch