[mythtv] HDTV CPU utilization

Chris Mumford cmumford at cmumford.com
Wed Jan 19 21:33:44 EST 2005

> Was this TOP run on your Myth box?  If so I believe part of the problem is
> your memory.  75Meg is not enough and your system is using swap.  Not good
> for video applications.

Sorry for the confusion - NO it was not taken from my MythTV box, but from
another computer because my MythTV box was not running when I posted this
question.

> I have a P4 2.4 with 512Meg and a FX5200 using DVI.  1080i content plays
> fine using XV.  CPU utilization is about 90%.

That sounds like what I am seeing. My system really cranks up the cooling
fans when I am playing 1080i and this is why I am looking for a solution.