[mythtv] HDTV CPU utilization

Brad Templeton brad+mydev at templetons.com
Wed Jan 19 12:47:55 EST 2005

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 10:53:34AM -0700, jeff at harmonyintegration.com wrote:
> > I would say that I was really using 6.4% of my CPU. Is this the wrong
> > approach to determining the true CPU utilization?

I believe that's wrong.  top is giving you the real figures for "both".

However, to be sure, use the mpstat program, it is a better way to track
CPU idle time in any event.  But he's right about your memory.  What
a strange amount of memory to have, too.

> I have a P4 2.4 with 512Meg and a FX5200 using DVI.  1080i content plays
> fine using XV.  CPU utilization is about 90%.

You have an FX5200 doing 1080i output over DVI?  Is it to an HDTV?
Everybody else trying to do this I have seen have reported a strange
interlacing error that stops this from working, I would be very
interested to hear what TV you're driving, or other things about
your configuration!