[mythtv] Random blockiness that probably isn't CPU or PCI bus bandwidth-related

Joe Barnhart joebarnhart at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 19:10:03 EST 2005

--- Kyle Rose <krose+mythtv at krose.org> wrote:

> FWIW, it seems like an Opteron would be ideal for
> the types of things
> a Myth backend does, but I don't know of anyone
> who's tried a monster
> backend (at least 4 capture cards) on such an
> infrastructure.  I could
> do it if I felt like dismantling my desktop machine,
> which I don't.
> Any takers?  :)

Well... How about Opteron's little brother?  I'm
building a backend with two PCHD-3000s on a dual
Athlon MP board (Tyan Tiger MPX).  It has two Athlon
MP 2000 processors, but I've considered using my old
clunky 1200 processors if they can keep up with the
demands of two HDTV cards. I have a PCHD-2000 in my
currently working FE/BE system that could be tossed in
for extra load.  If they worked together, that is.
(I've been understandably reluctant to take apart my
working myth box for this experiment.)