[mythtv] Memory - mythcommflag?

M Smith quaffapint at clippersoft.net
Mon Jan 17 22:05:14 EST 2005

I upgraded to the latest CVS as of 01-15-2005.  All seems to work fine.
The one troubling point is that my system in every short time (recently
right after a reboot) is having all it's 512MB of memory sucked out to 3MB.

This has been occuring after my latest CVS update - prior to that I was
using a CVS from mid-late December.  I did no other system updates. Just
now, I rebooted, and when the system came back up, the only thing really
doing any processor time (I had no shows being recorded) was
mythcommflag. At the same time I saw my free physical memory get eaten
from around 300+MB down to 3MB in very short order.  It also does not
seem to get released when mythcommflag stops, nor when I stop
mythbackend and/or exit mythfrontend.  I looked in the mythbackend.log
file and saw nothing that seemed to point to anything memory related.

I'm not sure what to post to assist in debugging the issue - just let me
know and I'll pass it along.

Thank you again for the help...
Matt