[mythtv] Re: Burning support

Alan Gonzalez alandgonzalez at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 22:22:56 EST 2005

Well, now I've learned more information about burning.  Seems multiple
people have started multiple tries in getting burning functionality
going in mythtv.

I sorted through all the work (yeah I know I should have done that
before posting).

Here's old stuff I found:

- Patches sent to the list for  CD recording in mythmusic.
- Discussion in 2002 with ijr and and/thor sigvaldason on scheduling
the burn/re-encoding, conflicts with recording schedule
- Discussions in Dec 2003 about archiving to a DVD shows that myth can
play directly.
- A company (www.dreamux.it) put burning a cd support in their
product. Someone tried to get the source at one time.
- MythMkMovie (which i believe is just transcoding.. so nuxexport
should do this now)

Ah, this seems a bit complicated.  Maybe I'm biting off a lot here.  I
certaintly can see this has been discusses multiple times before, so
probably by now people are saying 'show me the code'.

Alan