[mythtv] Burning support

Alan Gonzalez alandgonzalez at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 19:26:16 EST 2005

I am currently working with the MythBurn creator to get the mythtv
part finished.     He has this as a separate module.

I think that it's possibly better to put this code (and future cd burn
support) in the respective modules: mythdvd, mythmusic.  With each
module in charge of burning files.    I've done some initial
integration into mythdvd, yet before I get too far, I wanted to ask
here about any issues I should be thinking of.  Mainly in terms of
getting the code I write included into MythTV proper.    One thing
I've done is make this a configure option in case some users don't
want it (like ripping support is).

This code currently accesses the tv recordings, but videos might be
something to add.  I know that transcoding sets up different
transcoders to use.  Do you think this is the way a Burn interface
would work?  RIght now I was thinking of just adding options to the
Burn screen for the various formats you can burn too.

I can foresee wanting to burn videos/music onto DVD/CD in various
formats:  VCD/SVCD/DVD, maybe a raw file.

I appreciate any input.

Alan