[mythtv] RE: End of recording when not at the end

Colin Cross colin at colincross.com
Wed Jan 12 22:09:51 EST 2005

After some distraction setting up a second backend to debug on, I've
tracked down the problem I was having with live recording playback
ending prematurely.  The problem is that the timeout in
RingBuffer:safe_read is 0.9 seconds, which is shorter than the 1 second
write period in RingBuffer:DiskLoop.  If I skip to near the end of a
live recording, say within 10 seconds, zerocnt ends up as high as 21 at
the end of safe_read (after I increased the safe_read zerocnt limit to
50 for normalfiles).  The attached one-line patch changes zerocnt to 30
for a timeout of 1.8 seconds, which is almost double the write period.
Is there something else I'm missing that is supposed to prevent the
RingBuffer from trying to read so close to the end?