[mythtv] Need help debugging problem with scrambled TS streams.

Jesper Sörensen jesper at datapartner.se
Tue Jan 11 14:36:22 EST 2005

Anders Hanson skrev:

> Hi have had problem with encrypted channels for a long time now and
> I'm about to start debugging mythtv
> to try to find the cause of problem.

Does it work with VDR? Does it work from the command line if you use
cam_set & cam_test?

Did you try enabling the debugging in dvbci.cpp? It's in the top of the
file:
// Set these to 'true' for debug output:
static bool DumpTPDUDataTransfer = false;
static bool DebugProtocol = false;

The API MythTV uses to do CA stuff can be found in chapter 8, "Command
Interface" in the EN50221 standard (can be downloaded for free if you
google it). The lower level parts of the API is implemented in dvbci.cpp
(originally from libdvb).

Hope that helps - should get you started anyway. It's hard for me to do
the debugging for you since you need access to the CAM to do it, and I
do have other stuff to do as well. However, if you have any specific
questions I can try and answer them, or maybe someone else on this list
or linux-dvb can help...