[mythtv] Need help debugging problem with scrambled TS streams.

Anders Hanson anders.hanson at speedo.nu
Tue Jan 11 13:36:06 EST 2005

Hi have had problem with encrypted channels for a long time now and I'm
about to start debugging mythtv
to try to find the cause of problem.

The problem is that very often I'm unable to change to a encrypted
channel. All the FTA channels work
as they should but when trying to change to an encrypted channel the "no
right" CA  menu will appear.

My cable provide is ComHem in Sweden, they are using a modified Viaccess
card that has a Conax encryption
inside the Viacess encryption. My DVB-C card is a Siemens and I'm using
a red Viaccess CA version 4.84.

Is anyone on this list familiar with the DVB-C standard and espessially
the Conditional Access part and can help
me by looking on a saved TS stream and output from dvbsnoop?

I have tested with latest CVS with and without the DVB 3.5 patch without
any success.

Best regards, Anders Hanson