[mythtv] Anybody using DVB-S with DVB PATCH V3.2/V3.3/V3.4 ?

Arne Varholm arne at varholm.dyndns.org
Wed Jan 5 16:46:25 EST 2005

Taylor Jacob wrote:

> What do you have your setup set to now? It sounds like you are using a
> switch
>
>of some sort.  Have you tried setting it to 2 way Diseqc 1.0 switch?  I haven't
>tested DVB-S scanning with the 3.0 patches since I took my dvb-s card out of my
>dev box to get an atsc card working.  I will put one back in sometime in the
>next day and make sure this is only a configuration issue and not that the code
>is broken..

Yes I have,
I have tried all the available 2 port Diseqc options.

But It may also be the same problem as the previous DVB-S user have

>With this I noticed, that when I am scanning a transponder, the card
is tuning 10 times per second over and
>over again. No wonder that it won't lock on to a signal. The card is
otherwise working fine with mplayer.

as I have never been able to scan Sirius (5E) succesfully to end, I did
usually only get 4-5 channels before it is locked up.
At one time, I was able to get 10-15 channels, but with patch V3.4, I
have never seen any lock.

On Thor (1W), I have never seen any lock. So I figured It was because my
Diseqc was not switched...

Also when I tune into a channel in mythfronend, it will always lock
(freezze) when I try to select an other channel. But the
first channel will always work.

Regards

Arne