[mythtv] Experimental epia/xvmc colour osd HACK

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Tue Jan 4 09:20:10 EST 2005

David Shay wrote:
> [...]

If you're using XvMC (any flavor), you're not actually using Myth's
deinterlacing filters, but instead poor-man's deinterlacing in the XvMC
library -- displaying each field sequentially, at double the frame rate.
If you are on the hairy edge of being able to keep up with video output,
doubling frame rate could cause problems.  It's also possible that
making sure you're using a video sync method other than USleep w/ Busy
Wait would help (use mythfrontend --verbose playback to check; search
the archives for details on how to fix the other video sync methods).

-Doug