[mythtv] Experimental epia/xvmc colour osd HACK

David Shay david at shay.net
Mon Jan 3 16:35:46 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ivor Hewitt" <ivor at ivor.org>
To: <mythtv-dev at mythtv.org>
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2005 3:00 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv] Experimental epia/xvmc colour osd HACK
> > Just wanted to report that I, too, have applied this to Jan. 1 CVS and
it
> > works great.  Stuttering stops and color OSD is back again.  Great job!
> >
> Any bug reports, problems, feature requests, suggestions?

Not really.  Not sure it is related, but I used to (about 2 months ago) be
able to use the Bob deint filter on my EPIA-M10000.  After  a patch about 1
month ago, I was still able to use it but about every 2-3 minutes video
would pause for 1 second and then continue.  If I disabled deinterlacing, I
would not get this.  Now, with Jan. 1 CVS, I cannot enable Bob at all, or I
get that same pausing every 3-4 seconds.  Again, disabling deinterlacing
fixes this.

No real bug reports for the color OSD patch.  It pretty much provides just
what I wanted --  a color OSD where channel icons work, etc.