[mythtv] cx88xx mpeg2 in mythtv and other questions.

Tomas Roos tomas.roos at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 06:08:58 EST 2005

Hello.

First of all. MythTV is a superb piece of software. ;-)

I do not know if someone (or me) have asked this question before.
(I have searched the archives with no luck. Forgive me if it is a
duplicate post.)

1. Will there be any mpeg2 capture support for the cx88xx chipsets in
mythtv in the future? If so, when? (Might be hard to answer to this, I
know.)

I have a WinFast LeadTek PVR2000 card which I run in MythTV but with
no mpeg2 support for now. Works like a charm on MDK 10.1.

2. I have problems compiling MythMusic on my Mandrake 10.1 box. Both
with CVS and stable I have these problems. I have the devel packages
installed according to the docs. Am I missing something else or do I
have the wrong version of something?
I have compiled this earlier on MDK 9.2 but that was an older gcc and
older kernel release.

Error messages below

g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -O3 -march=pentiumpro -fomit-frame-pointer
-D_REENTRANT -fPIC  -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPREFIX=\"/usr/local\"
-DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_PLUGIN -DQT_SHARED
-I/usr/lib/qt3/mkspecs/default -I. -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/include/cdda -I/usr/lib/qt3/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -o
cdrip.o cdrip.cpp
In file included from /usr/include/FLAC/format.h:36,
                 from /usr/include/FLAC/stream_encoder.h:36,
                 from /usr/include/FLAC/seekable_stream_encoder.h:36,
                 from /usr/include/FLAC/file_encoder.h:36,
                 from flacencoder.h:6,
                 from cdrip.cpp:34:
/usr/include/FLAC/ordinals.h:50:2: #error Unable to find fixed-size data types
make[1]: *** [cdrip.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/myth/mythmusic-0.16/mythmusic'
make: *** [sub-mythmusic] Error 2

Best regards
/Tomas