[mythtv] PCHDTV + DVB Integration / DTVRecorder RingBuffer Reversion Request

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 3 13:52:04 EST 2005

> I'm sure John added the new Ringbuffer code to DTVRecorder because he
> thought this could help DVB recording.

I don't think John did it with any bad intentions.. If it came off that way I
appologize..

> HDTVRecorder wouldn't be too difficult to use in recording multiple
> streams from the same channel. This is intentional. What is needed
> mostly is a scheduler that is aware of multiple 'channels' that can be
> recorded at once, and that cards can record either ATSC or NTSC at
> any one time, but not both. As soon as your DVB patches get applied to
> the MythTV CVS we will begin integrating the DVB and ATSC database
> schema, esp if this means the scheduler can take better advantage of the
> hardware.

The DB Schema I have for DVB NOW is TunerCard -> Input -> Mux -> Channel..

Channel has a link to a table of Mux's that has the actual tuning information in
it, so all you have to do is query what chanel entries use the same mux..

> I really don't think we are going in different directions, the patches
> you've been seeing for ATSC have been in the pipeline for a long time.
> Someone submitted a workalike patch to John's while he was working on
> it. The last ATSC patch I submitted was a DVB integration patch. Since
> then the patches I've sent were all cleanup patches that I'd been
> working on for a while. I have a few more of those to finish, but then
> I'm planning on looking at your service table updating class. I have
> some requirements for this I would like, such as letting it work well
> with information from other sources, and letting the user disable or
> enable it on a channel by channel basis.

Even more reason to get the dvb code into mythcvs.. Hopefully we can get this
integrated asap..