[mythtv] PCHDTV + DVB Integration / DTVRecorder RingBuffer Reversion Request

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at mrl.nyu.edu
Mon Jan 3 11:46:24 EST 2005

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005, Steve Davies wrote:
]Daniel Thor Kristjansson wrote:
]> HDTVRecorder wouldn't be too difficult to use in recording multiple streams
]> from the same channel. This is intentional. What is needed mostly is a
]
]The scheduler is already part-way (fully even?) to being able to do this - As
]you know MythTV already has the card and input distinction in its database
]structure. As part of this it is possible to flag a source as "shareable",
]marked by the column in the cardinput table. This flag tells the scheduler that
]all channels on this input can be recorded simultaneously.
]Whan the scheduler was revamped last year I gave this feature some rudimentary
]testing, and it should just be necessary to modify the DVB/HDTV code to report
]each MUX as an INPUT on the digital CARD (requiring a separate SOURCE for
]each), and set this shareable flag to "Y" for that input.

I see, so you would create an input for each ATSC frequency. And to get
NTSC and ATSC support for the pcHDTV, one would report the input once as an
NTSC input, in addition to an ATSC input for each frequency?

]If ATSC/NTSC channels are also kept on separate "Virtual inputs" I believe you
]have a scheduler that meets requirements :)

Cool, I'll look at this.

-- Daniel