[mythtv] new protocol

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Fri Feb 25 15:19:48 UTC 2005

On Friday 25 February 2005 14:00, Anduin Withers wrote:
> > Well, myth would probably need 2 protocols in any event because the RPC
> > protocols like SOAP etc. don't really do streaming per se, do they?
>
> Yes, this is what I was getting at with the UPnP stuff, I consider having a
> separate streaming protocol a given.
please look at http://www.cybergarage.org/net/cmgate/cc/index.html

satoshi konno has already done a lot of the work
he already has his upnp seerver integrated (by some definition of the word)
with myth
it will stream video

yes - i know isaac doesn't want another dependency - but please have a look
at the very least it will give you some idea of the work involved.

--
simon