[mythtv] DVB drivers for HD-2000 and HD-3000

Jesper Sörensen jesper at datapartner.se
Sat Feb 19 19:27:16 UTC 2005

Daniel Thor Kristjansson wrote:

>On Fri, 18 Feb 2005, Doug Larrick wrote:
>]So... what does this mean for v4l/v4l2 support of HD-2000/HD-3000 in
>]MythTV?  I personally think there's no more reason to keep improving
>]hdtvrecorder, though since it will be a while before everybody wants to
>]upgrade to the DVB drivers it should not be removed.  I know I
>]personally need to wait for new nVidia drivers before I can upgrade my
>]kernel, which is a prerequisite for these new DVB drivers.

I think the new pcHDTV drivers are great news. I'd love to have you guys
on board using and improving the DVB code! :-)

>I have a couple patches in the pipeline for hdtvrecorder, but basically
>I too think we should move over to the DVB drivers. The DVB support in
>MythTV needs to be improved though. For instance, TS recording is only
>recording one audio stream with MythTV's DVB support, which we fixed a
>long time ago in hdtvrecorder.

There is much room for improvement in the DVB code for sure, but the TS
recorder in .17 should handle multiple audio tracks just fine. The PS
recorder is limited to one audio track of each type at the moment though
because the frontend seemed to have some troubles with handling more
than one track in PS recordings, but I recently discovered a little bug
with the stream ids that might have influenced this so maybe we can
remove that limitation soon...