[mythtv] Backtrace: possible bug in dvbsignal monitor

Jesper Sörensen jesper at datapartner.se
Sat Feb 19 15:13:45 UTC 2005

Ed Wildgoose wrote:

> OK, tracing the backend now.  I see a bunch of error messages
> scrolling up rapidly whilst nothing should really be happening on the
> backend:
>
> Based on what crashed next I suspect this is something to do with the
> signal monitoring thread?  (Thought it was disabled in my config
> though...?)

Wow, seems like you have a very unstable system with segfaults all over
the place. Really sorry to hear that - I haven't had a segfault in ages,
and I don't know what could be causing this. :-(

The "old" signal monitor (the one that put signal stats into the db) is
no more, but there's a new one mainly used to display the "signal lock"
& "signal lost" messages (and to feed the signal meters in the scanner I
think). This signal monitor sits in dvbsignalmonitor.cpp IIRC and it
can't be disabled unless you hack the code. There are some cruft
settings left from the old signal monitor that we either need to remove
or make some use of.

Unfortunately the backtraces doesn't tell me anything so my only idea
would be to try and debug this the "old" way, with strategically placed
printf's in the code...