[mythtv] Re: 0.17 playback on PVR-350 tvout has bad framecount timing

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 16 17:05:19 UTC 2005

David Engel <gigem at comcast.net> writes:

> On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 11:20:42AM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> I recently upgraded to 0.17 and noticed that a bugfix that Isaac had
>> put in prior to 0.16 had been commented out.  This patch fixes it.
>
> I'm the culprit.  When I reworked the buffering for ff/rew, it was
> possible for the reference to be outside the buffer, so I commented it
> out and forgot to go back and fix it.

Um, so, how could the pointer be outside the buffer?  I guess this
code could fail is if bufptr is pointing to the absolute end of the
buffer, buf + len - 1, but I don't see any other time that the
reference could be outside the buffer.

> I know ID::ReadWrite is a mess, but could you try to do a full fix for
> this?  If not, I'll try to get to it in the next couple of days.

What does a "full fix" imply?  I'm not even sure I know what it means.

>> Perhaps we need to add a comment to the code here explaining why we
>> only increment the framesScanned on certain frame types.
>
> That would be a good idea.

Heh.  :)

I hope this is some place where Isaac can agree that a comment in the
code is worthwhile?

-derek