[mythtv] Aspect ratio when viewing live tv from DVB via PVR-350 tv out

Roger James roger at beardandsandals.co.uk
Mon Feb 7 15:19:39 UTC 2005

I notice that when viewing some DVB-T broadcasts (using a Nova-T) here in
the UK that they are displayed with black bars at the side of the screen.
Changing the aspect ratio using the w key (or menu) only affects the OSD not
the actual picture.

I am viewing via the tv out on a PVR-350 connected to a standard 4:3 tv.

I believe aspect ratio information is transmitted with the DVB signal and
that some set top boxes and receivers handle this, but I have no knowledge
in this area.

Where should I start looking to fix this, is it a :-

1. A linuxdvb driver issue?

2. An IVTV tv-out issue?

3. A mythtv issue?

Help