[Semi-OT]: TWC Firewire [Was: Re: [mythtv] [patch] firewire mpeg2ts input]

Nathan Poznick kraken at wang-fu.org
Sun Feb 6 01:43:30 UTC 2005

Thus spake Nate Carlson:
> Well, the tech called me Friday afternoon, and said they didn't have a
> digital box with firewire in stock. They ordered one for me, and he said
> he'd bring it by Tuesday morning before I go to work (the guy was really
> helpful, at least!). I think this is a good sign - at least they didn't
> try to give me a digital box without firewire.

I got this to work with my DCT-6200 and our local, non-major-corporation
cable company's HD lineup.  I can dump any channels from the firewire
output, and while 6200ch.c complains a bit while it's doing it, it
changes channels just fine.

--
Nathan Poznick <kraken at wang-fu.org>

When firmness is sufficient, rashness is unnecessary. - Napoleon
Bonaparte