[mythtv] Problems with latest CVS & DVB & Unichrome

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Sat Feb 5 22:48:07 UTC 2005

On Saturday 05 Feb 2005 20:52, Daniel Thor Kristjansson wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Feb 2005, Ivor Hewitt wrote:
> ]On Saturday 05 Feb 2005 17:23, Daniel Thor Kristjansson wrote:
> ]I've gone back to 31/1/2005 and the VLD acceleration is fine there. I'm a
> bit ]busy at the moment but I'm trying to see what change caused the XvMC
> break. ]The bob deint is still broken for XV at that date. I assume it's a
> unichrome ]driver bug, but no-ones reported it to us so who knows when it
> happened.
>
> Here's a debugging patch for xvmc. I compared with versions back to 1.38
> and added enable and disable defines at the top of the file. These let
> you disable the changes one by one that may be causing problems.

Thanks Daniel,

Yup even #defining all the features out, VLD is still broken on changing
channel.

Also I manually reverted the changes in just videoout_xvmc.cpp back to the
30/1/2005 snapshot... and it's still broken. So there is a change somewhere
else... that's causing the change in behaviour.
Going back to a full mythtv snapshot at 30/1/2005 and the VLD works fine.

> But if the change happened in 1.38 or earlier it begins to get
> complicated...

Now onto XV......  This only affects XV with bob-deint turned on.. Without
bob, XV is fine.

> Are you saying the green flashing happening in XV with Jan 31st CVS?

Right going back to Jan 31st.. With bob-deint turned on the image flashes
between a correct image and an reverse-video image. I think this must be a
unichrome driver bug.... But there is no green flashing. So t appears to
work.

The crazy green flashing only occurs with the current CVS.... and the flipping
between normal and inverse video on odd/even frames is still there...

> If you mean something else...
> In videoout_xv.cpp can you try changing
>     InitColorKey(true);
>     InitColorKey(false);
> at around line 507? I think the color key painting might be
> getting triggered way too often of some reason.

Anyway its getting late and I've got an early start, so I'll have to leave
this for tonight.

But in summary... with current CVS, changing channel causes the XVMC-VLD to
barf. But going back to CVS of 31st Jan works fine. Just reverting the
changes to videoout_xvmc.cpp does not fix the problem.

Turning on bob-deint on XV with current CVS causes green screen flashing...
going back to 31st Jan works fine.... except.... the unichrome driver appears
to have a bug and the second XV buffer that is flipped has inverted colours
so its not usable anyway.

Cheers,

--
Ivor