[mythtv] Re: No Image Thumbnail

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sat Feb 5 19:14:19 UTC 2005

In message <200502040027.58462.sgprince at cwjamaica.com>
          "Samuel G. Prince" <sgprince at cwjamaica.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday 02 February 2005 2:37 am, you wrote:
> > I have notice that mythgallery is not displaying any thumbnails after
> > updating to the latest CVS.  However, If I click on the squares I can see
> > the my images.
>
> After reading an archived mail regarding the captioned issue, I realise
> that I  need to allow write permission on my gallery directory.

Having had the same problem I just did a search on the lists but can't
find the message you're talking about.

> It would be nice if some verification was done on the gallery directory to
> notify the user that the permission is inadequate.

Well the help for the gallery directory option explicitly says that it
only needs to be readable...

In fact I don't want anything writing to mine as it is as an NFS mount
of my master photo store. Looking at the code I can't see any immediate
reason why it would fail without write permission - it will try and
save the thumbnails but seems to accept failure and just regenerate
them next time round.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)