[mythtv] request: OSX mythfrontend and winmyth for CVS backend

Jeremiah Morris jm at whpress.com
Thu Feb 3 09:04:07 EST 2005

On Feb 3, 2005, at 1:09 AM, Nigel Pearson wrote:

>> I have DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH set in my .bashrc/.bash_profile which is why
>> it doesn't have a problem running from the terminal.  Any thoughts on
>> how I can get it to properly find the Qt library when launched from
>> the Finder?
>
> 	You need to modify the load paths in the executable and its libs
> (i.e. produce a self-contained package). I use a script called
> makebundle
> which I run (manually) after the make command.
>
> 	Jeremiah has a nice packaging script here:
>
> http://whpress.com/mythtv/

There is an alternative method when you don't care about a
self-contained package: you can  set the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH in
~/.MacOSX/environment.plist, which will take effect for applications
launched through the Finder (think of it as the .bash_profile for the
GUI). There's info on the Wiki below -- find the "Optional" part in
Section 3.

http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/MythOnMacOsx

- Jer

P.S. In a variant of the above, you can also set environment variables
for a single application, by modifying the Info.plist of the
application bundle. The "LSEnvironment" plist tag holds a dictionary of
environment variables, like environment.plist does. Sorry, I haven't
put up any links on this yet ;)