[Semi-OT]: TWC Firewire [Was: Re: [mythtv] [patch] firewire mpeg2ts input]

Tom E. Craddock, Jr. sigtom at sigtom.com
Thu Feb 3 03:12:23 UTC 2005

Nate Carlson wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Tom E. Craddock, Jr. wrote:
>
>> If they dont have any 1394 capable boxes, they are in voilation of
>> FCC mandates, theyve had to have them since July 04, so you need to
>> report them and they will get fined. Its the SA3250 HD Box from TWC
>> in Tampa, FL. that has the 1394 connections.
>

> Yeah, after getting bounced around between a bunch of techs, they are
> going to bring out a 3250HD with firewire on Friday. We'll see.  :)
>
> They say they have two versions of the 3250HD - one with firewire and
> one without, so you have to specify firewire, and (at least here in
> MSP) they will only give you it if they come install it - you can't
> pick it up.

> | nate carlson | natecars at natecarlson.com | http://www.natecarlson.com |
> |       depriving some poor village of its idiot since 1981            |

Same here, they installed mine a few months back, say in August last
year, and they made me wait till a tech came out and brought the box.
They had no idea what it was, so I had to give them a lesson in how to
use Firewire, and what exactly I was using it with, ie my PC.  They and
the people at the TW local office had no idea that you could record from
it.

Tom