[Semi-OT]: TWC Firewire [Was: Re: [mythtv] [patch] firewire mpeg2ts input]

Nathan Poznick kraken at wang-fu.org
Wed Feb 2 16:53:47 UTC 2005

Thus spake Nate Carlson:
> Just curious, does anyone happen to know what cable box Time Warner Cable
> provides that has 1394 on it?

(Sorry, don't actually know the answer to this)

> I can just see the tech going "so *why* do you want this hooked up to a
> computer?"  :)

I had called my local cable company asking questions about the 1394 port
on my STB being enabled (DCT-6200), and ended up talking to the VP of
the cable division who was amazed that it was possible to use a computer
to record from the 1394 port and proceeded to ask me questions about
if there were instructions to follow to get it to work, where I
locally purchased the 1394 cable with the proper connectors, etc. Seems
that she was going to get one of the techs to make it work in their test
lab.

It's nice to be pleasantly surprised by a cable company once in a while.

--
Nathan Poznick <kraken at wang-fu.org>

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.