[Semi-OT]: TWC Firewire [Was: Re: [mythtv] [patch] firewire mpeg2ts input]

Nate Carlson natecars at natecarlson.com
Wed Feb 2 15:49:57 UTC 2005

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, Jim Westfall wrote:
> Attached is a patch that enables firewire mpeg2ts as a valid input in
> linux (x86/ppc).  Its been tested on set top models DCT-6200 and SA 3250
> thus far.  I would appreciate additional testers and any feed back.

Just curious, does anyone happen to know what cable box Time Warner Cable
provides that has 1394 on it?

I called them up last night to upgrade to digital cable to try this out
(heck, there's only a one month commit, so the extra $10-$15 isn't gonna
kill me *grin*), and the salesguy checked and said all their HD boxes had
FireWire outputs. However, the box I picked up from their store
(Scientific Atlanta 3100) doesn't, and the lady said they'd have to
schedule a tech out to get a firewire-capable box. So, just wondering if
there's a specific box I should ask for.

I can just see the tech going "so *why* do you want this hooked up to a
computer?"  :)